Losing breath tells the tragic story of Adam Sager who died from mesothelioma (an asbestos related disease) at the age of 25.

Adam’s family shared the heartbreaking story about how they unknowingly exposed their son to asbestos when he was only 18 months old. They hope that Adam’s story will help raise awareness about the dangers of asbestos.

Adam’s mum, Julie Sager, urges home renovators and tradies to play it safe with asbestos and be aware of the risks of exposing themselves and others to it.

“Just do what you need to do to keep your family safe” Julie said.

A typical Queensland home built before 1990 will likely have some materials containing asbestos.

source

13 COMMENTS

  1. I'm so sorry to read about this sad loss. It's such a worrying thing. I worry especially because of the growing trend amongst young people for urban exploration. (Urbex.) And I worry for their parents who may do their washing afterwards. They may well be in contact with asbestos dust in the abandoned old buildings they go into. It's so very worrying. And there is so much denial. I am so sad. My condolences to the family of Adam. I hope that they find comfort in the memory of their vibrant son.

  2. I knew Adam when we were kids. He was a year older than me and was the captain of our representative hockey sides. As a young kid from out of town he made sure that I was included and was a real role model to the others. I looked up to him. It is heartbreaking to see the struggle he and his family have had to endure and I hope that they can take strength in the fact that while Adam's life was cut too short he had an positive impact on the lives of many people like me. RIP Sags, gone but not forgotten. 

  3. I live to the savor family I never new him as I moved after the death and I didn't know much about him but he looked like a great man and they are great people the nicest and most brave people you'll meet and they didn't deserve this

  4. Adam to me was always meant to be bigger than he was.. His life way too short to fill all his dreams.. Miss you Adam.. You will always be a star to me. X

  5. A very powerful movie. My sister passed away from mesothelioma, from home renovation 4 years ago. I know the struggle, that their family go through daily. A very horrible disease. Tears and heartache.

  6. Such a heartbreaking story and reminder of my beautiful Dad who passed away from asbestos related disease, although not nearly as young as Adam. My heart goes out to this family. And, as Adam, my father managed a final farewell by telling me he loved me, even though he couldn't speak because of so much fluid on his lungs. Somehow he got those final words out and is a wonderful comfort always to me. Asleep I. Jesus..,until he comes.

  7. Wow, powerfull stuff. Another needless asbestos death. We need Worksafe in all states to produce more videos that help people to prevent needless surrering in workplaces..

  8. Thank you for sharing Adam's story.
    I don't think many people realise that the young may be effected by Asbestos related diseases too or how they may be contracted.

  9. Beautiful & Sad Don, Julie, Tegan & Conlan. We miss all of you not living across the road. Your courage to make this video speaks highly of who you are? Helping other people to understand Asbestos, & what it does to people & Families affected by an Asbestos related disease. Miss you too Adam!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here