Losing breath tells the tragic story of Adam Sager who died from mesothelioma (an asbestos related disease) at the age of 25.
Adam’s family shared the heartbreaking story about how they unknowingly exposed their son to asbestos when he was only 18 months old. They hope that Adam’s story will help raise awareness about the dangers of asbestos.
Adam’s mum, Julie Sager, urges home renovators and tradies to play it safe with asbestos and be aware of the risks of exposing themselves and others to it.
“Just do what you need to do to keep your family safe” Julie said.
A typical Queensland home built before 1990 will likely have some materials containing asbestos.